Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dream Car

Ever since I was a little girl, I've wanted my very own Volkswagen Beetle. Living in California, where there is no snow and little rain to damage them, there seems to be an abundance of "vintage" VW beetles driving the streets, making me wish they were mine. I thought pretty seriously about buying a Beetle a while back, but then realized that, although I'm quite handy, I don't think I would be able to keep up with maintanance on a 40-year-old car. That dream is on hold for now, but my heart still skips a beat every time I see a Beetle or a VW Van.

That being said, that doesn't stop me from embroidering them, so this is the first in a series of portraits using embroidery. This one is my Dream Car, a yellow SuperBeetle.

No comments:

Post a Comment