Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Beast of Friends

So, My boyfriend got me a screen-printing press for Christmas. He is amazing! It's a 4-color press that came with 4 screens. It's gorgeous. After I got home after New Years, I got a little kid's desk from IKEA and bolted the press onto it. It's a great set-up. I've slowly gotten my process inks and my emulsion and screen cleaner, and I'm in business!

I've been a little slow to get into working on everything, but I've finally got some screen prints together. I think they look pretty good.
These prints are going to be part of the "Great Arthouse Print Exchange" later on this summer. Let me know what you think!


The biggest downside (other than the time it takes to set up and clean up everything) is that my Fat Cat really likes to sit on the Platen. He thinks it's his little perch. He even tried to get on the thing when I was printing! It was annoying, but cute because it turned his little feet blue. Dummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment