Search This Blog

Friday, June 25, 2010

OLD Artwork pt. 2

I've dug up more old artwork for your enjoyment. These ones are all black and white, pen and ink drawings.


This piece is one of my takes on a "world map." It was originally an assignment for school that I took into completion. I really like this piece. I think that if I lived a few hundred years ago, I would have enjoyed being a cartographer. Maps fascinate me.

"Balloon Man" is one of my favorite drawings. I'm not sure, but I think it might have been inspired by the "Candy Man Song" in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory... but maybe when he is older...and possibly diabetic, which would be why he gives out balloons instead of candy.


This drawing originally was called "Horse", but I am not sure what to call it now. Either way, this piece formerly known as "Horse" is one of my first attempts at using some "Rapidograph"pens that my friend Kate gave me. The pens are generally lovely, until the ink gets stuck, or won't stop flowing.

This Panda drawing was my first attempt at making a full piece of work in etchboard. I think it turned out pretty well, although it is a little crunched because I read the instructions wrong for the project. Working on this reminded me of the "Magicolor" scratching paper I used as a kid.

This drawing was a fun attempt to convey color with just black and white, with no wash. I might re-touch this one to make the tones and values a little clearer, but I really like the image itself. There's so much to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment