Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Awards Pt. 2

I have some follow-up on my previously posted rosette project. A week-or-so ago I went to Michaels, and ended up picking up some "Aleen's Paper Glaze" a neat product that makes a shiny glaze atop paper. Lots of people use it for scrapbooking, and a few blogs I follow have used it to seal some of their projects.
I got a new printer last week, and last night I printed up the awards to go in the center of the rosettes. They looked really nice! I used a bunch of fun fonts to say things like "Winner" "First Place" "#1" that sort of thing. Then I made sure to read the back of the bottle of the "paper glaze" to confirm "would not cause colors to run." Great! After applying the glaze to each of the rosettes I left them to dry overnight.


When I checked on them this morning they looked really good! The glaze got nice and shiny...almost glass-like.
...And then I looked a little closer. Turns out that the paper glaze won't make colors run... unless they happen to be waterbased, and then...well, you can see what happens.


We'll see how easy this is to fix. I'll be sure to post updates once I get these rosettes finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment