Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Awards

Growing up, I was never one to get too many sports related awards. As an artist, I was never one to excell in sports. I was OKAY, but never a blue ribbon player. I always coveted the big red and blue rosettes that my athletic friends won for getting first place in a race, or being on the winning soccer team.
I have gotten awards, but most of them were placques, certificates, or pins. I always wanted a big rosette.

...So I made some!
These were a blast to make. They are not 100% done (I still need to think of the awards and accolades to go in the center of these lovely things. They are made from paper (recycled heavy-weight paper, and origami papers), glue, math, and love. I will be sure to post pictures of them again when I am finished.


I think these will do well in the gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment