Search This Blog

Friday, July 15, 2011

New Terrarium

It's been too long since I made more terrariums. Now that I have a mountain of felt, I have plans to make a few more of these soon. I think these terrariums are so lovely, and they are so much fun to make.

This one was especially fun because I tried using some new materials: felt balls! They are the perfect size and shape for little flowers. Each flower design was hand stitched to the felt, and then everything was carefully arranged together inside of the glass.
I'll probably bring this little guy to the gallery on Sunday when I do my vendor hours.






The best part about these terrariums (aside from how cute they are) is that they are great for apartment dwellers, people with allergies, or people who just cant seem to keep even a cactus alive. I dream of the day when I have dozens of these lining shelves. Gotta get making!

No comments:

Post a Comment