Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sandiego Comicon

So I went to Comicon yesterday, no big deal!

What a fun and crazy event! I'd never ever been to a convention that big before. David and I went to E3 Last year, but that was much more spread out, I think... or at least it wasn't nearly as claustrophobic.

I saw lots of people in costumes, and we met lots of great artists. It's always fun going to those sorts of things just to people watch too. My favorite costumes were a little girl in an Ursula (from Disney's The Little Mermaid) and the Coconut Knights from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Of course, there were a number of Storm Troopers and Darth Vaders, but there were a lot less than I thought there would be. What there were a lot of, though, were artists! Here are some of my new favorite artists who I found out about at the con!

*Artwork by Becky Dreistadt. Not by me

This is one of my new favorite things ever! When David and I walked past their booth, I immediately made a B-Line to where they were. It's so refreshing to see a new artist that has such a lovely and unique style !

We also got to meet Chris Sanders whose work I'd seen before, but it was neat to at least see him in person. I really love his work- it's just so cute. Did you know he voiced "Stitch" in Lilo and Stitch?

And Emily Warren does original artwork and some "fan art" that could put the original artists out of business! This Street Fighter Artwork was everyone's favorite.

David and I also met Wendy Pini who created Elf Quest it was pretty cool to meet her too!

I didn't get a chance to meet these artists, but I did check out their work and pick up a business card: Sze Jones , Tara McPherson and many more!

Oh, and from Prism Comics I got a lovely little Lucha Bear card from Justin Hall

My big hauls from the day were my wonderful Tigerbuttah Little Golden Book, and my Lucha Bear card. Everyone seemed very pleased with the new artists they met and supported, and the haul of posters and prints we all brought home.

No comments:

Post a Comment